[X4U] Clipboard question

Al Simcoe alsimcoe at alsimcoe.com
Thu Sep 16 12:30:34 PDT 2004

On Sep 16, 2004, at 2:50 PM, Al Simcoe wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2004, at 2:35 PM, Eric Pentice wrote:
>
>> OK, so why do you want to do that?

Ok ok. I will explain.

You were all part of an experiment.

I am currently tutoring a young Engineering (computer sciences) student
who is
now attending a local University.

In the course of tutoring him, he sometimes seems to want
to Over Engineer some of the scripts he is writing to accomplish
some defined tasks. This can be an invitation to disaster when it
comes to making an operating do what you want it to do. Heck,
look what happened to Microsoft's Windows. Perfect example of a
Bloated, over engineered and inefficient  OS,

So, to prove my point to him, I put out a question to the list asking,
"How can I Flush (empty) the "System Clipboard", a simply put
but well defined question.

The results were very interesting to both him and myself.
We have received replies from people who did not really
take the time to Really understand the question fully, to
what I feel are Over Engineered answers, to one that would have me
simply Shutdown and re boot the system (the Royal Flush as I call it),
albeit a simple one, to a simplistic solution that seems and feels
right (again, thanks Bill Wright).

Maybe I'll have my young student write a script called "royal_flush".
Maybe I will !

Cheers to all!

Al SImcoe