[X4U] ipod doesn't mount

Donna Ellis•Mitchell Senft senft at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 18 03:28:20 PDT 2004

The last few times I've connected my 1G iPod, it doesn't mount on the
desktop nor open iTunes and show in the app. I am not certain, but I
recently used Broken Helix and ran the app. What I don't remember is
whether the non-mounting started immediately after of whether things
were normal for a awhile. another anomaly is that I tried to move some
songs from the Mac to the iPod, was told there was no room, deleted
some tracks then transfered the new tracks. And the old tracks
nonetheless remained on the iPod -- not just showed, but played as
well.

I know restoring the iPod is and is the likeliest solution, but I
rather avoid  having to move a 1000-odd tracks back onto the iPod.

Thanks,

	Mitchell