[X4U] FW: New Entourage-on a tangent

Weatherly, Rob Rob.Weatherly at handleman.com
Thu Sep 30 10:31:58 PDT 2004

Pst... stands for Personal Store.
When created it is pretty much empty, and you can create folders to
store your emails in it.
The point is to give you a place to store your mail outside of you
mailbox on an exchange server.

Most exchange mailboxes have a size limit, so this can give you a place
to store/archive mail you want to keep

It only contains inbox, outbox, sent, etc... folders if you tell it to.

You may be thinking of an .ost file, which is an offline store. This is
basically an offline copy of your exchange mailbox, used to read your
mail offline without actually removing the items from the exchange
server.

Where my question originated is that in my environment, we have a limit
of 100 MB on mailboxes, and my Mac users currently have 1 - 3 PST files
that are around 500 MB up to 1.8 GB. So I wanted to know how to get this
type of setup in entourage.

Rob Weatherly