[X4U] Printing to a Classic printer - Appleworks 6?

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Apr 3 16:29:14 PDT 2005

I have a friend who has an G3 iMac DV 400 which I've recently "helped"
him to upgrade to OS X.

He has a BJC-3000 inkjet printer which was working fine under 9, but
for which no OS X drivers are available - I have installed Classic
support and the printer driver, and it now prints fine from Classic
applications. I installed Appleworks 5 just for the purposes of testing
& that works OK, but he has Appleworks 6, which I believe came
originally with the Mac.

I believe that Appleworks 6 will run natively under OS 9, so is it
possible to get it to use the Classic printer options or drivers to run
this printer under OS X? He doesn't need to print anything else, just
his letters written in Appleworks under Classic.

I have no experience with Macs prior to OS X.2, and I have never used
Classic myself, so any pointers or most explicit instructions would be
gratefully received.

Stroller.