[X4U] How to play songs in iTunes without pause

Edward Hillenbrand contact at verticaleye.net
Sun Apr 10 14:47:25 PDT 2005

On Apr 10, 2005, at 1:58 PM, DZ-Jay wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2005, at 11:14, Edward Hillenbrand wrote:
>
>> On Apr 10, 2005, at 6:07 AM, DZ-Jay wrote:
>>
>>> What works? My problem was while importing with Apple Lossless... am
>>> I missing something?
>>
>> I couldn't hear a gap in the music with Apple Lossless.
>
> If I turn the crossfade on and set it to 0, it overlaps the end of the
> first song with the beginning of the second one by a fraction of a
> second, enough to make it sound distorted when you are playing mixed
> songs.

I'm using the same settings with a mixed Electronica CD, the CD is
indistinguishable from the Apple Lossless encoded files, neither have a
gap or overlap between songs.

I think this may be a performance issue, what's the specs on your
system?

Or maybe someone else on the list will try this on their system and
tell us what they are hearing.

By the way did the AIFF work?