[X4U] Turn on file sharing from the Terminal?

Ben Gold bgold at acedsl.com
Wed Apr 13 20:13:50 PDT 2005

Sorry, I missed the beginning of this thread.

typing "sudo AppleFileServer" then your password, should turn on
file-sharing.

I'm not positive if it will work if you've never set sharing up before
– I do remember that I had trouble with it once.  But I just tried it
out via ssh on my G4 and it worked great.

I believe I once found some options to turn sharing on and off via this
command, but I've been unable to find any info recently.  If anyone
knows more about this command, please let us know.

-Ben