[X4U] Tiger Apr 29th

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Apr 14 06:55:26 PDT 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 3:28 PM, P. H. Adams wrote:
> From the Apple Store website:
>
> Tiger ships on a DVD, but if your Mac doesn’t have a built-in DVD-ROM
> player, you’ll need CD media. When you buy Mac OS X Tiger, you qualify
> to purchase Tiger CDs for only $9.95.

I was hoping the DVD might have a method for creating a set of install
CD's. The internal DVD-ROM drive on one of our old iMacs is dead, but
it does have an external (Firewire) superdrive.

Hmmm. I'm assuming it needs to be a built-in drive because you have to
boot from the installation disk. Now I'm wondering how I'm going to
work it on this iMac because I don't know if I can boot from the
external drive regardless of format (CD vs. DVD). Guess I'll have to do
a little experimenting tonight.

Worst case, I guess I try hooking it up to the Quicksilver in Target
Disk Mode and try it that way.

-Mike