[X4U] Let's start the FUD presses.

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Fri Apr 15 10:05:59 PDT 2005

robert at elastica.com wrote:
> There are some classic quotes in this piece
>
> http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/macosx_tiger.asp
>
> That isn't a complaint about Tiger, per se: It's a high-quality release. But
> Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) was arguably a bigger advance over the initial
> release of XP than Tiger is over Mac OS X 10.3. My issue here is with
> marketing, not with reality.

Hum... Actually, that says a lot about Microsoft's marketing too.  I
remember when they touted XP (the original, no service packs) as the
"most advanced, most secure, Windows yet", and made sure to let everyone
know that they even delayed the release while their developers underwent
some serious training on security and safe coding practices.  A couple
of service packs later, people do notice how XP is radically different
from its original, when in fact, its been mostly security-aware features
-- features that should have been expected on its original release, if
we were to believe the hype.

Tiger might not be such a "bigger advance" over Panther, but with every
release, Apple seems to include more than just bug fixes and security
aware features, but trully new technology or expanded feature set to
their current applications.

But maybe that's just me.

	dZ.