[X4U] Network Alias To PC Is Broken

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Sun Apr 17 13:18:33 PDT 2005

Osx 1.3.8 and same problem before updating to 1. 3.5

 I'm having a problem with a network alias on Mac1 - for my Windows 2000
machine

-  in the network tab of mac 1 -  and the alias to the Windows 2000 machine
is broken...

-  when I click on it -  it puts the proper workgroup name in there - And
also the proper user name (  and yes - I have read typed manually all this
info) -  and then I type the password ( with or without checking add to
keychain) -  I click OK - and then get the same error message each time: "
the alias "MYPC" could not be opened, because the original item cannot be
found.

-  * this same effort works perfectly well on Mac2! (also with Osx 1.3.8)

-  all other networking works fine except on Mac 1 and the PC

- mac1 - If I use command -k - and type

smb://MYPC/mydrive ( from a share I created on Windows) ...  Then I am
successful and able to login and a share that particular drive

- Q: So, how do I fix this three month bad alias bug in the network Finder
window?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com