[X4U] Force PB17" external projector/display to 1024x768.

Robert Tillyard rob2 at atvetsystems.com
Tue Apr 19 01:19:12 PDT 2005

The only resolutions available on the PB display are 640x480->1440x900.
If I set 1140x900 or 1024x768 then plug in the projector the projector
shows as 800x600 (or in prefs 640x480 is available). If I mirror the
PowerBook display changes to a 800x600 viewport on a black background.

I think that if the projector is telling OS X that it can only do
800x600 then Display Preferences will not list any other resolutions
(I'm sure it used to if you ticked an option to show unsupported
resolutions).

I think we may have to buy a new projector at some time. But for my
demo later I'm just going to have to see if I can get my fonts small
enough for 800x600, if not I'll have to use a PC (arrrggggghhh...
Noooooo...).

Thanks for your help, regards, Rob.