[X4U] VPC 6 and Tiger

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 21 11:26:53 PDT 2005

My advice is to not install Tiger until you have confirmed that VPC6 will
work. This might mean that you don't get to use Tiger for a few weeks after
you get it, but it may also save you some major headaches, such as not being
able to complete that pressing project. I think anyone who knows right now
is unable to provide that information without breaking their NDA,
unfortunately.

I attended the Friday "Night of the Panther" at an Apple retail store and
installed 10.3 the next day. On Monday when I started work, I had to deal
with all the craziness that 10.3.0 introduced in regards to Windows
compatibility/networking/etc. And there were few resources to use to
troubleshoot at that time. If I had waited a week or two, my problems
would've been solved by other folks (and the inevitable 10.x.1 update).
Apple has already referenced 10.4.1 as a system requirement for one of its
recently-announced apps, so you know that's coming soon after Tiger is
released.

Eddie Hargreaves