[X4U] 10.4.2: Safari incredibly slow

Germain M. affaires at vif.com
Mon Aug 1 16:10:26 PDT 2005

Hi again to you all,

Yesterday I asked for your opinion about updating to 10.4.2. I needed
a push so I dit update. Honestly I see no difference on the outside.
Guess the big changes are inside. OK but why is Safari so slow in
from Panther I was amazed by the speed boost in Safari and Mail under
Tiger 10.4.1. Now I a am considering using Netscape or even Explorer
since Safari has become so sluggish. There's no third party plug-ins,
no nothing. Worst, I'm thinking going back to 10.4.1. Am I alone with
a 56k connection and a slower Safari? Is it possible to throw away
version 2.0 and using the earlier version in 10.4.1? Any suggestions?
Aside from Safari, all is OK.

Thanks many many times

Germain
iMac G5/1.8 mhz/512 ram