[X4U] Dashboard shortcut now requires fn key

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Aug 2 10:24:26 PDT 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 10:59 AM, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:

> When I installed Tiger on my old iBook, I changed to shortcut to
> F7, because
> F12 was the eject button.

I use F12 for both on keyboards without an eject button. Took me a
while, but I finally figured out if you "tap" the F12 button, it
activates Dashboard, but if you press and hold F12 for a second (like
I usually had to anyway) it ejects the CD/DVD.

Don't know if that's documented anywhere or not.

-Mike