[X4U] Strange Mail Action

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 03:47:00 PDT 2005

To the list,

I am running a powerbook g4, system 10.3.9, mail 1.3.11. All software
is updated.
I went to update my rules today and when I tried to edit one, it would
not open.
I have 8 rules and some did open, and some did not.
Looked at the Mail folder in Library and saw a message sorting plist
and a back up.
Deleted the active one and renamed the backup.

No change.

Went back to a backup in mid July (I back up weekly!) and retrieved the
same plist. Installed it, shutdown the PB, waited for the "elctrons to
drain (!)" and restarted.

No change.

Then, I minimized the main mail window (hit the yellow button) and
voila!, the offending rules is now editable!

I never had to do that before?

Is this a "new feature?"

Does anyone have a suggestion to fix?

(I did try deleting the mail preference file in the preference folder,
but that would require me to set up my accounts all over again, and I
thought that was too extreme!)

Lee

Ankara turkey