[X4U] Panther Server Logs

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Aug 29 06:24:34 PDT 2005

On Aug 28, 2005, at 4:02 pm, Wayne Wilkin wrote:
> ... I have this thing that I prefer users not work off the server that
> they copy the items to their computers work on the files then copy
> them back.

Just curious, but why? Having a witch-hunt because someone has a file
open on a remote computer just seems bizarre to me - it's far more
risky that two users simultaneously copy a given file to their own
machines, make different changes to each copy & then write them back,
losing one copy.

Stroller.