[X4U] Getting spotlight to index where it usually doesn't

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Sat Dec 3 20:14:06 PST 2005

So I have some log files from an application that are written into a
directory  in ~/Library/Application Support/Logs

This is not a directory that Spotlight indexes normally.  And is not
an option to Activate in the spotlight preferences.

Is there some way I could psyche out Spotlight to index this ~/
Library/Application Support/Logs directory.

I tried creating an alias of the "Logs" directory and putting it into
my ~/Documents directory.   But that didn't seem to help.  Now It's
been since earlier today that I created this Alias. Is it possible
Spotlight hasn't checked on it yet ?  or should it be immediate if
it's going to work at all ?

Any suggestions would appreciated.

Kansas