[X4U] Cannot Un-Mount Partition

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Sat Dec 10 12:33:32 PST 2005

 Currently I am unable to un-mount a partition ( drag to the trash) ... The
error says that is currently in use...

Here is the history of what I did. ..

-  partition 1 = Panther 10.3.9
-  I used carbon copy cloner to duplicate this on partition number 2
-  then I upgraded to Tiger 10.4.3 on partition 1
- ( I did all necessary repair permissions - repair drives etc. before and
after -  on both systems)
-  basically everything is working fine on both systems - however - when I
am in Tiger - I am  unable to un-mount partition 2 ( older Panther) -  and
it says drive is in use...

-  this leads me to believe that either there are aliases - or symbolic
links or something else that are pointing from Tiger to Panther somehow...
BTW:  no programs are active at the time

-  for various reasons I need to Un-Mount Partition 2 from time to time -
while I am in Tiger...

* Question: how can I fix this? I certainly do not want to have to reinstall
entire operating systems there are working well (except for this problem)
...  Is there some utility that can help repair this?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hosting4days.com
[db-lists]