[X4U] back-up software

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Dec 19 02:47:35 PST 2005

alexandre said:

>i am looking for software to back up my hard-drive. any suggestions?
>intego personal back looks good. how about shareware/freeware?

I have a list of about 30 backup programs for OS X.  Let me know if you
want it.

Everyone has their favorite.  Your choice depends on what sort of backup
you are looking to do, what sort of media you will be backing up to, how
much you want to spend, how much handholding you need, etc.

This backup program has recently been very popular:

SuperDuper $20
http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html

SuperDuper is dead easy to use, it creates bootable clones, it can do
incremental backups and automatically delete old files, and it can do
unattended scheduled backups.

If you want free:

Carbon Copy Cloner (donation requested)
http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html