[X4U] Powerbook G4

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Thu Feb 3 01:52:50 PST 2005

On 3 Feb 2005, at 08:22, Randy B.Singer wrote:

> My 12-inch G4
> PowerBook is a jewel.  It's plenty powerful, full featured, and
> marvelously portible.  And now all of the PowerBooks are faster.
> What's
> not to like?

Agreed. Except that I'd like a better graphics card 'cause my 12"
PowerBook spends great chunks of its life connected to a big, second
monitor. In fact I think Apple got their market a bit wrong with the
12" PowerBook. I bought it because I want a small, lightweight laptop
as I lug it around with me everywhere. However, at home and at work, I
plug into a range of peripherals - including large monitors. Given the
option, I'd have spec'ed ny Mac to the fastest portable CPU and good /
best graphics card. That way I'd still have my small laptop but better
power when at my desk.

Just my ha'p'worth.

Simon Forster