[X4U] Weird hard drive Copy Issue

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Wed Feb 9 11:21:16 PST 2005

On 2/3/05 10:13 AM, "revDAVE" <coolcat at hostalive.com> wrote:

> g4/450 osx 10.3.5
>
> Recently I added 2 external FireWire drives to my mac G4. Short-story: now -
> when I attempt to copy from the FireWire drive to an internal drive - it
> will copy  10 or 20 MB -  and then stops ...   But I am able to hit cancel
> and after a long wait - the copy dialog window will vanish - and then
> everything crawls along for a while - and if I do not re- boot immediately I
> will get a kernel panic.
>
> -  it seems that I am able to write to the drives OK - just not copy from
> them...

 As far my original issue on this thread:  problem solved -

- the external cases that I bought (VENUS model -  not sure of the brand -
bought at Frys $69.00 ( " Frys - I should have figured!")) that said they
were for Mac and PC -  was untrue -  they did not work with Panther 10.3.x
in my  Sawtooth Macintosh.

-  I returned them - and bought ADSTECH external cases - and they work fine.

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com
[db-lists]