[X4U] Hyperterminal

Matthew Barr mbarr at mbarr.net
Thu Feb 24 10:15:43 PST 2005

The biggest problem you're likely to have is getting the initial
connection.  Most of those routers tend to want a serial connection, so
you'll need a usb-rs232 adapter.  They were very popular way back when,
but now.. not so many people need them.  Once you do that, you can use
zterm, or any other facility to talk to a serial port.  Off the top of
my head, Zterm is the easiest, but I'm not sure it's OS X.  There may
be a bsd based option, since it is not something that will be
inherently Mac.  Then again, if they are used to Hyperterminal.. Zterm
is right up their ally.

Matthew Barr
Managing Partner
Datalyte Consulting, LLC