[X4U] Re: Skype

John Richardson richards at spawar.navy.mil
Wed Jan 5 12:46:27 PST 2005

Hello,

This raises the issue of how does Skype discover another Skype user.
According to the latest issue of Macworld, user xyz registers themselves
using one or more schemes (phone,address,...). So, to get Skype to Skype
(domestic and international) I assume that you have your friends download
Skype, install and register. Of course, ringing beeps only work when both
computers are turned on and attended.

So, the scheme leaves the legwork up to you. You talk your relatives into
downloading Skype and then figure out a "time to call schedule".

John Richardson