[X4U] When is Keynote?

Greg Chapel gchapel at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 10 12:07:35 PST 2005

Actually, this is a distortion of the truth.

Bill Gates was at the recent CES in Las Vegas and instead of demoing new
hardware or software in the Microsoft Keynote, Bill Gates put on a mock
Late-Night with Conan O'brien skit and discussed the Windows XP media
center. The comedian (Conan) showed up and began making fun of Bill Gates
and technology in general. It was all made more humorous by the the
reluctance of one Windows XP system to properly show photos of Bill & Conan
out on the town.

By and large spectators were under whelmed by the lack of new hardware and
software offerings but loved the entertainment and Gate's presentation.

Somehow a Mac fanactic got ahold of this story and it ends up being spread
as a Blue Screen of Death Presentation fiasco.

Go figure!

Greg