[X4U] When is Keynote?

Keith Whaley keith_w at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 10 13:22:14 PST 2005

Greg Chapel wrote:

> Oops, sorry Keith.

No problem at all, Greg.

> I didn't mean to imply that you were THE MAC FANATIC that started the rumor.
> I have seen this rumor posted all over the internet, and even though I am
> not a Windows or Bill Gates fan I hate to see poor information spread.

I understand. I do sometimes find it amusing when the "other side" has
it's problems, just like any ordinary geek might, and it's in front of
an audience. It's embarrassing, I guess, and I get some sort of twisted
amusement out of it.
As most of the best jokes are, it's at the expense of someone eise!
You think that's so funny, because you're glad it isn't you!  <g>

> I also don't think this has anything to do with why Apple decided not to
> broadcast the keynote live.

No. I gather it was decided upon, because of the overall expense of
producing this broadcast vs. the lack of any notable
return-on-investment. In other words, it would gain them (Apple) so
little advantage in any facet of advertising, and it just wasn't worth
it. Makes sense, if true...

> I don't know their reasons for this choice but maybe Steve just wants to
> downplay this years MacWorld as they may not have a lot of new innovative
> hardware to push at this event.
>
> Greg

Could be. We'll see soon enough!

keith