[X4U] re: getting rid of the airport indicator in the menu bar

Stephen Foster foster at pop.ca.inter.net
Fri Jan 14 03:48:48 PST 2005

>  bofus? <bofus at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> hey all,
>
> 	my g4 sawtooth agp (running mac os x 10.3.7) doesn't have an
> airport card and I want to get rid of the airport menu bar item for
> more space up there - how can I do that?
>
> 	thanks in advance.

I have my G5 Dual 1.8; 10.3.7 (no Airport card) hooked up to Airport
Extreme via ethernet and my son's iMac links up via his Airport card.
He gets the Airport menu bar item and I end up with nothing to initiate
a connection or show status. There is no button in Network/Airport to
check. As I'm linked directly to the base station you'd think I'd be
able to have the status menu as well. Seems to be a bit of a bug. Any
suggestions? Thanks.
Stephen