[X4U] iDisk problem...WEBDav not working? help!

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Mon Jan 17 18:14:46 PST 2005

iDisk won't mount on my systems!

I typically have an automatic sync between my local copy of my iDisk on
my iMac  and iDisk on .Mac.  However, apparently on January 10 at 11:59
  (the last succesful sync), I lost iDisk access.  System.log in Console
shows "Jan 18 01:53:28 localhost webdavd[375]: http_mount: WebDAV
protocol not supported
Jan 18 01:53:28 localhost webdavd[375]:
http://idisk.mac.com/michaelelliott/ could not be mounted"

I tried using my iBook which has the same problem.  I even installed a
new OSX installation on an external drive, booted from that, and
couldn't access my iDisk.

Just for fun, I accessed a public folder of someone on this list with a
.Mac account, and had no problem mounting their public folder.  In
system.log, it said
"Jan 18 01:49:07 localhost webdavd[369]: /Volumes/"dotmacuser"-Public
mounted"

I also looked at console.log and saw
2005-01-17 19:40:20 -0600
kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext loaded successfully

by the time, this pre-dates the webdav error.

I initially thought that there was something wrong with my system until
all these steps were tried.  now it appears that it might be my actual
iDisk on the .Mac servers.

Can someone try to access my public folder and see if they can mount
it?  If it's hosed, any way to erase/reformat the thing?

FYI, I just now tried to access it using Goliath, and I can get to it
fine.

Thanks ahead of time!

Michael