[X4U] Spotlight - Searching For An Exact String

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Mon Jul 11 10:09:47 PDT 2005

TIGER:

I am curious, I am not sure whether spotlight or the new tiger find command
are capable of doing the following: searching for an Exact String inside of
a content search... Such issue would use @ Google when you enclose a phrase
in quotes...

... So, if I search for Woody Allen -  I might find it a text document with
the word Woody and then elsewhere in the document the name Allen ... -  but
not necessarily the ACTOR director Woody Allen...

... But if I search for "Woody Allen" in quotes ... I would expect to find
the exact  name of the ACTOR/director...

So - I am wondering if we can get either spot light or the apple find
command in Tiger to perform the same way with content searches.

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com
[db-lists]