[X4U] Slow Networking

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Jul 13 11:15:39 PDT 2005

Hi I think this question might be more for the Unix/Linux people on the list
but I¹m not sure. I use a Linux (FC3) machine as a backup server with two
200GB drives in it. It seems to transfer files very very slowly back and
forth from my G4 Powerbook. What I do know is that on my Mac at work I can
transfer files to and from a Windows 2003 server very very quickly, way
faster than I can at home. I use Samba to network my home machines. At work
I can transfer 5GB in about 30 minutes at home this amount is over 24 hours.
Does anybody know how I can speed this up? I¹m using a D-Link DI-604 router.
I've brought my PB into work and can transfer files back and forth from it
with speed on my work's network so I know it's not the PB.

Thanx

Richard