[X4U] Image Capture: no prefs no toolbar!

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun Jul 17 19:56:45 PDT 2005

On 07/17/05, "Germain M." <affaires at vif.com> wrote:

> First, thanks for the replies on the scanning woes. Unfortunately,
> doing OCR with OmniPage Pro X is possible only when "sacn under
> Classic" is checked. Plus, the little Caere app that checks the plug-
> in only works in Classic and Classic plug-ins.
>
> Now there is Image Capture...The preferences are not accessible in
> any way. Under the Menu, the command is just doing nothing. Plus
> there is no way to make the toolbar appear and adjust it via its
> preferences. Should I reinstall it? And do I do that? Are there some
> prefs files that could be corrupted and thrown away? And what are
> their name an their location? Or a web address to get some info.

Can't imagine what the problem is. I just launched Image Capture and it
recognized my five-year old Epson Stylus Scan 2500 machine as a scanner,
scanned in a test image, and printed it. All options were available. What I
didn't see was any way to save the scanned image and there wasn't anything
in its help menu on saving the scanned image. Maybe it works differently
with a camera hooked up. I recommend reinstalling, after deleting the
com.apple.ImageCaptureApp.plist, and upgrading to 10.4.2.