[X4U] Just set up an Airport Basestation...

Jesse Leo jleo at projectsupport.com
Wed Jul 20 12:02:24 PDT 2005

I ditched my old Linksys Wireless router for an Apple Airport Basestation
this week. But here's the thing -- I only get 4 out of 5 signal strength
"bars" now, with the old Linksys it was full. What gives? The basestation is
only about 30 feet away from the Powerbook or so, 2 rooms away. A friend
says his basestation gives full strength all throughout his house.

Any tips on signal strength boosting? As a test I tried unplugging our
wireless phone to see if it conflicted. Enabling "Internet Robustness"
actually made things worse.

The connection speed is still good, so it's not a huge deal. But full
strength would be nice...

Thanks in advance,

Jesse