[X4U] Disappearing folders

Bob Salsburg list.res at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 31 19:58:48 PDT 2005

This occurrence involves data loss.

I have had this happen twice. I has removing some extraneous items from
downloads (PAR files, etc.). The first oddity is that the command button for
Delete on the Window becomes unavailable when an item is selected. In each
case, I clicked away in order to reselect the item. Immediately, the Window
closes and it's contents are never seen again. They are not in the trash. I
went to Terminal to do a directory listing. The name shows, but an attempt
to CD to it gets a Directory doesn't exist error.

Only common item between both occurences is that both folders were on my
Sidebar. Now they are gone.

This is a TIBook 500 with 10.4.2.

Bob