[X4U] Apple's move to Intel 64 bit?

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Jun 7 12:35:47 PDT 2005

Maybe they will. I'm guessing it's too early to tell. I think Job's said he
wanted a variety of processors, which IBM wasn't giving him. I'm assuming
they'll be a larger range of model/processor/price combos maybe the 64 bit
machines will be for higher end users and the 32 bit Pentiums will be lower
end machines like the Mini. But with MS bringing out a 64 bit XP and apps
always requiring more power and Moore's law I don't see how Apple can stick
with 32 bit processors for very long. I just got a G5 and I personally do
not want to go back to a 32 bit machine.

Richard