[X4U] Couple questions on Apples move to Intel

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 11:47:50 PDT 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 12:17 PM, Ted Burton wrote:

> My understanding is that an Intel-based Mac will run Windows, but
> not all PC's will run OS X. Schiller said 'yes' to run Windows, but
> asked why anyone would want to. (marketer speak).

My understanding is that he said Apple would do nothing to prevent
Windows from running on Macs. That's different than saying Windows
(as is) _will_ run on the new Macs. There may still be some hardware
compatibilities to iron out -and it will be up to either MS or other
3rd parties to iron them out. Could be anything from needing to
support some proprietary Apple ASIC, to just needing a correctly
formatted (for the OS) drive to boot from.

-Mike