[X4U] 64 vs 32 was...Re: move to Intel

Alec McKenzie alec at mckenzie.me.uk
Wed Jun 15 12:00:12 PDT 2005

At 13:27 -0500 on 15/6/05, Michael Winter wrote:

>Lots of things add up to make a faster machine.
>
>Even things like how fast the hard drive is can make a difference.

In recent years personal computers have progressed in many ways.
Processors are faster, RAM and hard drive capacities are greater. Yet
the speed of the hard drive seems to have gone into reverse. My
Macintosh is six years old this month, and its hard drive runs at
10,000 rpm. Yet in the present Macintosh range the fastest I can see
is 7,200 rpm. Why this decline, I wonder?

--
Alec McKenzie
alec at mckenzie.me.uk