[X4U] new powerbook

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Sun Jun 19 18:40:18 PDT 2005

Having a second battery is often a life saver if you're out in the field
(or on a plane!).

Coj

Steve Self <steveself at mac.com>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
19/06/05 06:30 AM
Please respond to "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."

        To:     "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
        cc:     (bcc: Brett Conlon)
        Subject:        Re: [X4U] new powerbook

I agree with what is being suggested so far, but I emphasize:

Minimum RAM is ~700MB, 1GB is even better.
Always get Apple Care.
Always get APEx and BT installed at the beginning. Easier.

Then for travel get one of those hi-tech micro fiber thin pads to go
between the keys and the screen.
Second power adapter will become useful.
I love my Waterfield slip-case that I then can put in a valise or
backpack.
I take a wireless mouse BT when I travel
I take a Airport Express when I travel to share the hotel DSL across
the room - I hate being tied to their idea of a workspace.

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: