[X4U] OSX and font clutter

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 22 13:31:55 PDT 2005

On 06/22/05, Steve Self <steveself at mac.com> complained:>

> All these installations were done with the option of NOT INSTALLING
> the foreign fonts and languages, yet they still appear.

Run DeLocalizer at <http://www.bombich.com/software/local.html> to remove
the unwanted foreign language .lproj files. It works in Tiger. As for the
unwanted fonts, if Font Book doesn't work, remove them manually, but see
the below links before moving something the OS requires.

> Oh, and read the knowledge-base and pdf files available online about
> font management? Nearly all of these are incomplete and do not list
> one or two REQUIRED fonts, the moving of which incapacitates iCal or
> AddressBook. I have not found accuracy anywhere.

A quick search for "Tiger fonts" at <http://search.info.apple.com/> yields
this:

<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301332> and it has a link
to Panther fonts:
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25710>.

And, then, Art Amolsch <aamolsch at shentel.net> followed up with:

> I have the same problem, and the annoying fonts
> don't appear in Font Book's list, making the
> problem REALLY annoying.

Which fonts don't show up? Got some examples?