[X4U] cnn video not working with the mac?

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Fri Jun 24 22:03:02 PDT 2005

On Jun 24, 2005, at 11:42 PM, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Why is that Fox News manages to get WMP video to the Mac but CNN
> can't.
>
> It's really annoying that I cannot play CNN's video even on WMP on
> the Mac because they don't
> detect it's presence correctly. Just send me the video with the
> right content-type and I'm good to go.

same result here. Fox does work for me, CNN on the other hand is a
different story.

I tried changing some prefs in the Windows Media app,  after which I
was able to watch a CNN video, but only one, after which no luck.

I tried deleting Windows Media Player and all it's related files
throughout,  including the browser plug in.. reinstalled the program.
Tried Safari with CNN video, was able to watch one video, but then
others wouldn't work.     I've tried numerous times.. seems like 1
out 20 tries might work or something ?  But usually I get a dialog
box that  asks to  verify the file location, or something to that
affect.

Kansast