[X4U] airport troubles

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Thu Jun 30 12:14:48 PDT 2005

On Jun 30, 2005, at 3:57 AM, silvo conticello wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2005, at 10:52, Scott wrote:
>
>> I'd bet you left "distribute IP addresses" unchecked. If you go to
>> System Preferences ->Network ->Show Airport, what's your IP
>> address? Is it a 10.*.*.*, or something else? If it's something
>> else, you'll need to reset the base station and try again. Once
>> you check the box, you may need to reboot the cable modem again.
>>

> No, now (that everything is working, a part that I cannot
> administer the base stationn through my AlBook) the IPs for both
> computer are 10.....

Did you quit and relaunch Admin Utility, or click "rescan"?
If so, time to cheat. Temporarily connect to the base station using
an ethernet cable to the base stations LAN port (The one with the <--
 > symbol). Then relaunch the admin utility and setup the rest of the
base station stuff - encryption, password, and so forth.  Since this
is temporary, you can use the ethernet cable that's currently
connecting the  cable modem to the  WAN port (the round symbol). Just
remember to put the ethenret caable back when you're done.

--
Scott