[X4U] MacOS X Tiger System Requirements?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Sat Mar 5 19:39:56 PST 2005

Is anyone aware of "public knowledge" of what the minimum system
requirements will be for MacOS X 10.4 Tiger? I had heard through the
developer grapevine that pre-release requirements were a G3, G4 or G5,
built-in FireWire and a DVD drive (maybe that's just for developers on
the DVD requirement). I realize that Apple has to cut the minimum
requirements off somewhere of what hardware they will officially
support with each release. For example, Panther required built-in USB,
thus beige PowerMacs could only go as high as 10.2 Jaguar. I'm tech
coordinator for a small publishing company, and we pretty much run most
machines to the max as far as operating system. When older machines no
longer support the latest operating system, they get retired and sent
home for a simple Internet or game machine for coworkers and families.

Joe