[X4U] Re: Looking For A Good Black-and-white Laser

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Mar 9 15:42:39 PST 2005

Sean Collins said:

>There's also the old Dayna Etherprint series, also discontinued (now
>owned by Intel).  I know of 2 installations still using these
>w/Laserwriter IIs.  There's a few of them still floating around ebay.

I used to love Dayna stuff.  When  Intel purchased them it was suddenly
as if Dayna never created any products that were Macintosh compatible.
Intel's support is miserable.  But the Dayna products were great.

>>That said, I think that purchasing this adapter is a waste of money.
>
>At retail, I agree.  But if you already have the Laserwriter, and the
>adapter is REAL cheap, it's a solution.

I guess so.  The Astate adapter may be more trouble than it is worth.  If
you can get one of the others really cheap, it might be a worthwhile
solution, because Apple LaserWriters are tanks.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html