[X4U] Airport Express network extension [was Looking For A Good Black-and-white Laser Printer}

Ted Burton egburton at cableone.net
Thu Mar 10 07:09:56 PST 2005

At 1:36 PM -0500 on 3/9/05, Art Amolsch spoke about Re: [X4U] Looking
For A Good Black-and-white Laser Printer thusly:

>Can someone provide me some guidance? I gather from Kirk's post that
>the Express will act as a relay, but I don't know how complicated
>(how many hours) that is to set up.

I have done exactly that. The set-up was easier than I had feared.
The real problem was playing with the location of the thing, as the
once-a-home now-an-office building had furnaces and kitchens and
other sources of what seemed to be signal deterioration. Finally put
it on a high shelf in a utility closet.
--

We live during a time when ... the major challenge facing both
individuals and organizations ... is "how to fashion long-term