[X4U] Software for uploading photos

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Thu Mar 10 08:05:27 PST 2005

At 16:09 -0500 3/9/05, Allan Rube' wrote:
>I have a web site where, among other things, I display photos. I would like
>to be able to create a friendly web page where viewers of my site can upload
>there photos and then see them - sort of like pbase or other sites do.

Interesting thread with interesting suggestions but nobody has talked about protecting such a site from hacking. Will your selected friends have passwords? Will your web hosting provider allow you to permit a free-for-all uploading of, possibly deviant, files? What is the status of your insurance for lawsuits? At one time open sites were immediately filled up with WAREZ.

I ask friends and family to upload their stuff to a password-protected and space-limited ftp site so that I can decide what to do with them. And yes, teaching parents to use an ftp client is often a major problem.

--

--> Love your country. But don't trust its government. <--