[X4U] color printing problem

David Glassman dag44 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 15:09:32 PST 2005

This is one for all you printing experts. I have an iMac G5, 10.3.8 and
MS Word X (2001).

My daughter had highlighted a number of words in different colors for a
high school Spanish paper.  When she tried to print it out, the words
which should have been green came out gray.

Without a clue as to what I was doing, I opened the Printer Setup
Utility, selected my Canon i850 printer, cleaned the heads, checked ink
levels , and printed out a test page. Everything seemed fine, but it
still didn't print the green words.

  I then opened ColorSync for the i850, selected Profile First Aid, ran
verify profiles.  It reported that 14 profiles needed repair, so I ran
"repair."  It reported that all had been repaired so I tried to print
the page again.

Voila!  The page printed correctly and I looked like an Apple Genius to
my daughter.

A few minutes later she tried to print another copy and it was back to
gray again.  This time ColorSync didn't do anything when I tried it.
No profiles needed repair, but it was still printing gray instead of
green words.  And that's where I am now.

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thank you.

Dave Glassman