[X4U] Virtual Memory Size after Tiger Upgrade

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue May 3 08:53:25 PDT 2005

>At about 8:22 AM -0700 on 5/3/05, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>>That brings up an interesting question, where on earth does Mac OS
>>X hide the swap file(s)?
>
>In Terminal do:
>
>ls /var/vm

It's in /var/vm?!?!  OK, that's not a place I would have expected.
Does any other Unix variant stuff swap in /var?

So, it's currently taking 2GB disk space, and the "Activity Monitor"
is reporting 7.87GB.  Anyone know if the 2GB is the actual used, or
if it's really less?  I do know it definitely ends up swapping a fair
amount.

			Zane