[X4U] Tuning Tiger

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue May 3 11:04:56 PDT 2005

At 10:50 AM -0700, 5/3/05, Zane H. Healy wrote:

>Kirk McElhearn wrote:
>>  On May 3, 2005, at 7:14 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>>
>>  > One specific thing I'm interested in is how to calculate how much
>>  > physical
>>  > RAM my system really should have.
>>
>>  Short answer: as much as you can afford, and as can fit in your Mac.
>
>That answer works for something like my Sun Ultra 60 where I was able to do
>that for basically nothing[1].  8GB of RAM for a dual 2Ghz G5 still costs a
>lot of money, and it makes sense to try to do some actual capacity planning.

Well then, I guess the answer would depend on the applications that
you use, the size of the files that you edit, or the sizes of the
databases that you want to load, and the thickness of your wallet.
--

Robert Ameeti

In my day, we didn't have self-esteem, we had self-respect -- and no more of it than we had earned.

- Jane Haddam