[X4U] mail 2.0 mailbox question

Scott McCulloch mylists at ascottmcculloch.com
Tue May 3 11:46:19 PDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Jim MacCormaic wrote:

> On 3 May 2005, at 07:34 pm, Kansas Territory wrote:
>

>> Mail 2.0 seems to have removed the sliding mail box windows.. and
>> have firmly planted them on the left hand side.
>>
>> Anyway I can get it stuck on the right hand ??
>>

> The same question cropped up in Apple Discussions. The short answer
> seems to be 'no'. Mail uses the new 'plastic' UI which does away
> with the old drawer which could switch sides.

If, like me, you have a very strong preference for the mailboxes to
be on the right, be sure to send Apple some feedback to that effect.
I'm really hoping that they'll give us the option in an update -
although I suppose if they take too long with that, my eyes and
muscle-memory will have been retrained anyway.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback

(Oddly, although the page uses the Tiger box image, and the black -
they haven't yet added 10.4 to the list of OS versions - so I just
left that one blank.)

Scott