[X4U] Tuning Tiger

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue May 3 11:54:57 PDT 2005

> Well, you didn't say that the max was 8GB. :-)
>
> I'd go to about 2GB, unless you work with video and graphics a lot -
> then I'd aim for 4.
>
> Kirk

In that case my idea of adding 2GB more to my system which already has 1.5GB
might be a good one.  I like that the 2GB kits are finally becoming
affordable, now I just need to come up with the money...

FYI, my average system load looks something like this:

User 1:
Eudora
Safari (lots of tabs/windows open)
MS Word
X-Windows running some xterms and Pan (USENET Reader)
iTunes
Activity Monitor
Additional apps can be either DTP (Adobe) or Video (Apple)

User 2:
MS Entourage
Safari
Occasionally another app such as MS Word or iTunes

With 10.3.x my biggest memory hog was almost always Safari.  I've already
noticed that 10.4 seems to be far better at cleaning up memory, but I'm not
sure how this applies to Safari yet.

		Zane