[X4U] Can't add more accounts to Tiger?

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 3 23:45:49 PDT 2005

On May 4, 2005, at 5:15 AM, Jeff Porten wrote:

> Erase-and-install of Tiger, minimal system mucking since.  Set up
> two admin accounts right off the bat.  Trying to add a third
> standard account today, and it's failing.
>
> Behavior: I add an account.  On closing the entry form, the other
> admin account is selected, but no new accounts appear.  Home folder
> is created, owner 503, group staff.  No new users in NetInfo.
>
> Will do the restart/repair permissions dance, but I'm concerned to
> see an error this early in the game.  Help?

That's bad. I see no reason why this should be happening; I've added
dozens of accounts in tests. I'd really suggest doing a clean install
and migrating your data; there's something wrong under the hood.

Kirk

           Author of: The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood
        Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France