[X4U] Re: Portrait mode in Tiger

Rod Buchanan lists at sofstats.com
Wed May 4 11:04:08 PDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 9:58 PM, Amit Gupta wrote:

>> On 3 May 2005, at 9:43am, Amit Gupta wrote:
>>

>>> Somewhere, I read that Tiger will be having built-in support for
>>> portrait mode for displays.
>>>

>> Yes. In the Display System Preference there is a new option to
>> Rotate the display, so that you can turn your monitor around. This
>> option is only available with certain graphics cards, although I
>> don't know specifically which cards are supported.
>>

> Are you talking about those cards that supports Quartz Extreme?
> Please clarify.

It works on my G5 w/ATI Radeon 9600 Pro.  I have a Planar 17" LCD
that physically pivots and I'm now looking at it in portrait mode.
Sweet!

--
Rod

"Resistance is floor tile. Your ass will be laminated."
--Dyslexic of Borg

--
Rod

Mac OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly is easier than debugging
Windows