[X4U] Re: Rip It Up - iTunes Import Setting Survey

Dave Checkman dcheckman at cox.net
Thu May 5 19:18:38 PDT 2005

revDave, helpfully, gave an "all other":

>-  Any other considerations that you might think of ...

One consideration very close to my heart at the moment stems from the
fact, like it or not, that our iTunes settings (and how we use other
"multimedia" tools as well) may have to be geared to the audio file's
usability to "others" (you know who).

I'm in the middle/muddle right now of getting settings right for
cross-platform purposes. That is, encoding lengthy audio files
that'll be easily playable and as widely as possible on Windows
machines and various stand-alone CD players. I found that once you go
past private consumption, it's a whole new kettle of worms (or do I
mean barrel of fish?).

Not so fast. Plain old, plain old uncompressed files are not too much
trouble. But I'm talking about dealing in this way with MP3 stuff.
(Why not use uncompressed DVD? Because I don't want a recipient
without DVD capability to get mad at me.)

I wonder who else might have stumbled onto this shore awash in
slithering worms and pale-at-the-gills fish.

Dave (non-rev)